Dal ki Goli (Indian Lentil Balls Snack): scrumptious and straightforward snack is made utilizing leftover dal/lentil, carrots, cilantro, spices, and sweet-spicy sauce. Excellent for anytime snacks or events, served together with chai or espresso. Makes for an awesome low-carb meal together with salad.
This ‘Dal ki Goli’ or ‘Indian Lentil Snacks’ is certainly one of my mother’s favourite recipes, particularly for our after-school lunches.
To start with, my mother’s cooking was extraordinarily in style amongst household, buddies, neighbors, and so forth and he or she had this knack of turning even essentially the most bland/boring meals into one thing extraordinary – finger-licking good!
Dal or Indian Lentil or Indian Dhal, as many comprehend it, is a standard on a regular basis menu in most Indian properties and likewise, undoubtedly one recipe which many children don’t relish a lot. Therefore, every so often, Mother used to remodel it into a very scrumptious (not recognizable) dish … which I used to eat with out even a single excuse.
That is a kind of recipes and I’ll be sharing many extra sooner or later.
So, these ‘Lentil Balls’ (additionally one of many names), I actually used to munch on proper from the pan or together with skinny comfortable roti unfold with ghee or with steamed rice.
Additionally, this recipe isn’t just extraordinarily scrumptious but additionally wholesome, low carb, vegan, and glutenfree. Makes an awesome meal/snack for a strict vegetarian food plan or excessive protein food plan.
Dal ki Goli (Indian Lentil Balls) Components:
- Leftover cooked dal (examine notes for raw)
- Shredded carrots (I’ve used 3 medium carrots)
- Finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Chopped inexperienced onion (scallions)
- Candy-spicy sauce (use as per choice)
- Olive oil – for sautéing dal and spices
- Rai dana (mustard seeds)
- Turmeric powder
- Salt (use as per style)
- Purple chili powder
- Sonth (ginger powder)
- Purple chili flakes
- Safed til (sesame seeds – elective)
How one can Make the Leftover Indian Lentil Balls Snack:
As with most of my recipes, that is very simple to make. We divide the whole course of into 3 main steps:
Making the Dal Goli :
By sauteeing the leftover dal in pan to a thick consistency. Then cool it to room temperature.
Then take 1 tbsp quantity in hand and form them into spherical balls. Observe this course of until all of the goli’s are made after which preserve them apart on a plate.
Make the Veggie & Spice Combine:
In the identical pan, add extra oil and saute the dry spices and veggies collectively for couple of minutes.
Then take away this combination to a bowl.
Make the Dal ki Goli or Lentil Balls:
In the identical pan, add extra oil and cook dinner the raw dal goli’s until they’re cooked on each side.
Then add the sauteed combination to the cooked goli and saute every part collectively for a couple of minutes.
Do the ultimate style check after which flip off the warmth.
Switch to a serving bowl and luxuriate in.
These are finest served scorching as a snack or might be served alongside:
Roti or Parantha or Poori
Steamed Rice or Fried Rice
Bread or Buns
This may be saved within the fridge for upto 2-3 days.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Rapidly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You Could Additionally Like ::
Prepare dinner Time
- 2 cups leftover cooked dal (examine notes for raw)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (i’ve used 3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1/4 cup chopped inexperienced onion (scallions)
- 4 tbsp sweet-spicy sauce (use as per choice)
- 6 tbsp olive oil – for sautéing dal and spices
- 2 tsp rai dana (mustard seeds)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt (use as per style)
- 1/2 tsp purple chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sonth (ginger powder)
- 2 pinch of asafetida
- 1/2 tsp purple chili flakes
- 1 tbsp safed til (sesame seeds – elective)
Saute the Dal/Lentil for Goli:
- In a big pan, add 2 tbsp oil and add the leftover dal.
- Saute this for 5-6 minutes on medium warmth until the dal is thick and clings to the spatula.
- Add 1 tsp salt + 1 tsp chili powder, combine, and switch off the warmth.
- Let this combination cool to the contact after which oil your palms.
- Take a heaping tbsp of this combination and create spherical balls.
- Equally, make the remaining dal balls and preserve them apart in a plate/bowl.
Saute the Veggies & Spices :
- In the identical, warmth 2 tbsp oil.
- Add mustard seeds, ginger powder, asafetida, chili flakes, turmeric powder, purple chili powder, salt, and 1 tsp sesame seeds, and saute every part collectively.
- Now, add carrots, and cilantro and saute for a minute.
- Add inexperienced onions and saute once more.
- Scale back the warmth and take away this combine in a bowl.
Prepare dinner the Dal Goli & Combine Every little thing:
- In the identical pan, add the remaining 2 tbsp oil.
- Now, add the dal goli (5-6 in a pan) and cook dinner them until evenly brown on each side. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Take away the cooked goli to a plate add the remaining raw goli to the pan and cook dinner equally.
- Take away the cooked goli once more.
- Now add the cooked veggie combine and the cooked goli collectively.
- Saute this combination for 2-3 minutes (evenly saute to stop the lentil balls from breaking).
- Style check and switch off the warmth.
- Switch to a serving bowl.
- Add chopped contemporary cilantro and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve scorching and luxuriate in.
Dal (Lentil): I am utilizing leftover cooked dal, you should use uncooked lentils like arhar, moong chana dal, or a mixture of all. If utilizing uncooked, cook dinner them as you make any dal after which allow them to cool fully.
Veggies: I like utilizing carrots and cilantro on this recipe as they go very well with the gentle lentil style. You need to use seasonal veggies of alternative too,
Mustard Seeds: It provides a pleasant mild spice taste to the dish, however you may also use ‘cummin seeds’ as a substitute.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 154Complete Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g