On the event of this 78th UNGA Excessive-Stage Week, Heads of State and authorities and different high-level nationwide representatives collect to set out their priorities and focus on international challenges in an effort to advance peace, safety and sustainable growth.
Because the worldwide neighborhood faces unprecedented challenges, this main occasion will present a chance for France to reaffirm its dedication to sturdy and efficient multilateralism.
The Minister for Europe and International Affairs, Catherine Colonna, will attend the UNGA from 17 to 23 September as Head of Delegation. She will probably be joined by a number of ministers: the Minister of Well being and Prevention, Aurélien Rousseau, the Minister for the Power Transition, Agnès Pannier-Runacher, the Minister of State for Growth, Francophonie and Worldwide Partnerships, Chrysoula Zacharopoulou, in addition to the Minister of State for Marine Affairs, Hervé Berville.
A lot of key occasions will happen on the sidelines or as a part of the 78th UN Basic Meeting, resembling (topic to vary):
- Technology Equality Midpoint Second: Sunday, 17 September;
- Opening of the 78th session of the Basic Meeting: Monday, 18 September;
- Basic Debate: from Tuesday 19 to Friday 23 September;
- SDG Summit: 18 and 19 September;
- Excessive-level Dialogue on Financing for Growth (following on from the Summit for a New International Financing Pact held in Paris in June): Wednesday, 20 September;
- Local weather Ambition Summit: 20 September;
- Excessive-level Assembly on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response: 20 September;
- France’s declaration on the Basic Debate: Thursday, 21 September.
The UNGA can be a chance for French representatives to carry quite a few bilateral conferences with their counterparts.
18 and 19 September
Evaluate of the implementation of 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs).
Dialogue on financing for growth because the adoption of the Addis Ababa Motion Agenda.
Strategic declaration aimed toward mobilizing in any respect ranges for pandemic prevention, preparedness and response.
Work to reinforce international cooperation by organising a multilateral system higher positioned to deal with present challenges.
Insurance policies for strengthening well being programs.
Urgently ending the worldwide tuberculosis epidemic by advancing science, finance and innovation.
Observe all the newest from the 78th session of the United Nations Basic Meeting by way of #UNGA78 on:
The Basic Meeting is the United Nations’ foremost physique for deliberations, coverage preparation and illustration. Made up of the 193 members of the United Nations, it’s a multilateral discussion board for the worldwide points lined by the Constitution of the United Nations.
For extra info:
Official web site of the United Nations Basic Meeting